UNDP is the UN’s global development network, an organization advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in 166 countries, working with them on their own solutions to global and national development challenges.
UNDP is dedicated to the UN reform agenda, working together with all UN agencies towards promoting the UN Millennium Declaration and achieving the Millennium Development Goals, the world’s first common agenda for human development.
In Indonesia, UNDP works to advance human development; fight poverty and inequality; consolidate democratic governance at both national and local levels; support crisis prevention and recovery; and promote environmentally smart development. UNDP is also fully engaged in the fight against HIV and AIDS and the promotion of gender equality.
UNDP is at the service of Indonesia and its people. We are committed to support Indonesia’s national priorities and the implementation of Government of Indonesia’s Medium Term Development Plan 2000-2009 and other national and local development visions, strategies and plans.
Currently, UNDP Indonesia consist of 126 staff members (72 male, 54 female) excluding Special Service Agreement (SSA) and Service Contract (SC) holders. UNDP values geographical diversity in its workforce. It also encourages women to apply. Please be informed that only applications for announced vacancies will be accepted. Please apply for a specific job rather than simply sending in a resumé.
Project Officer for MDG Roadmap (contracted under BAPPENAS - For Indonesian nationality only) 12-May-2011 - Bappenas/Wisma Bakrie 2 - Jakarta
Master Degree is preferably with specialized experience on MDGs and Poverty Reduction project with any UN agencies and/or any bilateral projects with any development partners and GOI.
7 years of progressively responsible experience on programme of MDGs and/or Poverty Reduction Strategy is required at the national or international level. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, power point, explorer, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems, experience to prepare briefing/talking points, and experience to prepare monitoring and progress report.
Language Requirements: Fluency in English and Bahasa.
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer at BAPPENAS (For Indonesian nationality only) 14-May-2011 - Jakarta
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Economics, Business/Public Administration or other related fields, or equivalent experience
Minimum 6 years for Bachelors or 2 years for Master’s degree of relevant experience in international development issues. Some experience in monitoring and evaluation with a background and interest in the analysis of socio-economic issues and related policy matters. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (For Indonesian nationality) 15-May-2011 - Jakarta
* Master’s Degree, Bachelors degree or equivalent in International Relations, Political Science, Economics or related social sciences.
* For Mastes degreer with mini.2 years of relevant experience and for Bachelors degree with min 6 years experience in international development issues. Some experience in monitoring and evaluation with a background and interest in the analysis of socio-economic issues and related policy matters. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
* Fluency in English and national language of the duty station.
National Administrative Assistant (FAO-HPAI/NAA/09/ 05-112) 17-May-2011 - Jakarta
* University graduate with relevance on administration and secretarial background
* Minimum of 3 years work experience in general office works preferably with FAO project is an advantage but not necessary;
* Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Word and Excel programs;
* Has good knowledge of the English language and good memo composition;
* Good interpersonal and communication skills are necessary and will be assessed during interview;
* Good ability to speak and write English and Bahasa Indonesia.
Programme Officer for MDG and Human Development Cluster (For Indonesian nationality only) 17-May-2011 Jakarta
Minimum Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, , Social Sciences or related field. Master’s Degree will be preference.
Minimum 6 years for Bachelor Degree and 2 years for Master Degree of relevant experience at the national or international level in dealing with capacity building, poverty reduction initiative, civil service reform, public administration reform, etc.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
Language Requirements: Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
UNODC National Project Coordinator (Re-opened) (For Indonesian nationality only) 17-May-2011 - Jakarta
* Advanced degree in law, forestry studies, development or social studies
* Minimum of 3 years work experience in law enforcement forestry, NGO or related areas.
* Must have strong project management experience and a strong knowledge of forest law enforcement and governance, climate change and REDD related issues.
* Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia with good report writing skills are a requirement
Programme Assistant for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNESCO) (SSA - GS5) (For Indonesian nationality) 20-May-2011 - Jakarta
* First level University Degree (BA) in environmental sciences or social sciences from recognized and reputable university, with knowledge on issue related to disaster risk reduction, climate change, indigenous knowledge, conservation or sustainable development. Postgraduate degrees would be assets in consideration.
* At least 4-5 years successful history of employment in environmental management and programme coordination, preferably in governmental or non-governmental agencies.
* Must have fluency in spoken and written English, in particular the ability to draft documents and express views in a clear and concise manner. Working knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia, Tagalog and/or Tetum is an asset.
* Knowledge of UN systems and procedures as they relate to Staff Regulations and Rules, personnel and administrative policies and procedures as well as financial rules and procedures is an asset.
UNDP, as a matter of practice, does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process. If you have any questions as to vacancy announcements you may have received, please refer to UNDP website. To apply, please go to : Lowongan Kerja UNDP