HessHess Corporation aspires to be the leading global independent energy company. We attract and motivate highly talented people who embrance their work wit a passion to be the best. Hess Corporation has offices in 18 countries across six continents. The company's headquarters is in New York City, with key regional headquarters in Huston, London, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Woodbridge, NJ.
As part of our expansion, we are now looking for a range of experienced professional is contribute in making Hess an outstanding success and build exciting career in our global business:
Senior Geophysicist - 04943
Provide geophysical interpretation support as part of a small regional/New Ventures Teams in Jakarta and KL as well as working exploitation near field opportunities . The candidate, based in Jakarta , will use 2D and 3D seismic to generate both regional play and prospect scale maps, while working closely with other members of the exploration team across the Asia Pacific region. The work will be primarily in regional areas around existing ventures and the assessment of new venture opportunities in the Asia Australia Arena. Also the positiojn will support near field geophysical interpretation exploitation around existing Hess Fields.
* Provide geoscience support to both regional and New Venture project support to the Asia and Australia Team.
* Provide geophysical support around Hess existing fields looking for near term exploitation opportunities working with pre developments and development teams.
* Ability to generate Basin, Play and prospect scale maps from 2D and 3D seismic data, well data and other data as required.
* Ability to construct detailed prospect scale structure maps using available seismic, gravity/ magnetic, and well data.
* Seismic interpretation of 2D and 3D data to deliver robust structural interpretations for input to prospect definition.
* Integrating geophysical data, including seismic attribute analysis. This will include an understanding of wireline logs and 'quicklook' petrophysical techniques and rock physics where applicable
* Ability to determine hydrocarbon resource (potential and risk). Link with engineers and economist to determine value and rank in the portfolio using E3 tools. Including interaction with engineering and planning.
* Scouting. Understanding the local area exploration business and activity.
* Attending datarooms / farmin evaluations across the region including extensive business travel across the area.
* Interaction with Houston based Global Basins Team, New Ventures Team and EPT Specialists.
Skills/Competencies: (E=Essential, I=Important, P=Preferred)
* Ability to prioritize and deliver results in short timeframes. (E)
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills. (E)
* Applies Hess values to everyday work. (E)
* Possesses good problem solving skills. (E)
* Takes initiative. (E)
* Persuades and influences peers and management to SVP level. (E)
* Works well in team environment. (E)
* Communicates openly and shares knowledge. (E)
* Commercial awareness (E)
* More than 12 years of broad industry experience as a geologist / seismic interpreter in existing operated ventures and or new ventures ventures.
* Has attended datarooms, lease sale evaluations and taken evaluations to recommendation and capture.
* Knowledge of SE Asia and Australia Basins would be advantageous
* Deep water and onshore experience. Experience of other Global Basins.
* Degree in Geology / or Geophysics and an MSc or Phd in a geoscience related subject.
* Workstation proficient (Geoframe and/or Paradigm)
Primary Location: Indonesia - Jakarta